An Afternoon at Como Zoo

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009

Today was Daddy's first weekend free since graduating from school and boy, you could tell. We went to Como Zoo as a whole family (we wanted to go to Apple Valley, but it wasn't in the cards), and we didn't bring the stroller. I really, really wanted the stroller and even though I had a fun time...I let Ammie know that I do not want to walk that much and next time we need to have the stroller. She agreed. ~Matthew~




Here we are in the primate house, but the gorillas are all sleeping!






Ammie wanted a cute picture of us by the statue, but as you can see, we had other ideas!


In all the times we have come to Como Zoo (and we have come here a ton), we have never seen the ostrich. There it is!



Daddy had to hold me, so that I could see it (the ostrich) better




Here is Nangi looking at the giraffe




Ammie says it is a good thing that pictures don't have sound. The entire time we were looking at the giraffes, I was yelling "GIRAFFE!"





Nangi is looking at the tiger that is sleeping below (that was the theme of the day, sleeping animals)






Nangi is trying to find the animals that swim in the water (it's Sparky!).





Nangi listening intently to Daddy talk about Puffins





This is the new baby orangutan at the zoo...isn't it precious!

No comments: